Transferring your property


For more information or a comprehensive quotation without obligation please contact:



telephone : 02476 553181





If you have separating from your partner or going through a divorce it may have been agreed that one part is to transfer your property to the other.  Whether you are transferring to yourself or to your spouse or partner we can ensure that the paperwork you are signing is correct and that you are fully protected.

If your property is in your sole name and you want to transfer it to yourself and your spouse either for tax reasons or otherwise we can take you through the process and explain the implications to you. Normally you would need the consent of your existing lender to do this.    

If your property is in the joint names of yourself and your partner and your relationship has ended again we can advise you how to transfer the property into your name or your partners names and advise on the tax implications of this.   

If you own your property and are considering transferring it to members of your family for tax reasons or protect the equity for your family we can advise on the advantages and pitfalls.  


23rd February 2019

Sarginsons Law